A number of Canada's Veteran and Senior competitive fencers travelled to Portland, Oregon this past weekend to compete in the…
Fencer Shaul Gordon (from Richmond, BC but now living in Montreal) had his best World Cup result of his career…
Event Name: Santa Open
Date: Saturday 23 December 2017
Sutherland Secondary School
1860 Sutherland Ave
North Vancouver, BC
2018 CANADA CUP – U15, Cadet, Junior, U23, Senior, Veterans (40+), Wheelchair
Organized by the Canadian Fencing Federation, in partnership with the Quebec Fencing Federation and the Estoc Fencing Club of Quebec.
Friday, January 19th - Sunday, January 21st, 2018
Québec City Convention Centre
1000, boul. René-Lévesque Est
Québec (Québec) G1R 5T8
690 Rene-Levesque Blvd East
Quebec, QC G1R 5A8
For the convenience of participants, the Delta Québec is connected directly to the Québec City Convention Centre.
- $129/night (Single/Double)
- $149/night (Triple)
- $169 (Quad)
Hotel room rates per room per night are in Canadian funds and are subject to applicable taxes (currently 3.5% Housing Tax, 5% GST and 9.975% PST) in effect at the time of check out.
To reserve online: http://bit.ly/2ibiTA4
To reserve by phone: 1-844-860-3756 Group Code: Canadian Fencing Federation
Reservation deadline: January 5, 2018.
$50 administration fee +
$20 per person - Junior Team
Registration closes Friday, December 29, 11:59PM EST. December 30th to Jan. 5th double fees apply. No registrations will be accepted after January 5th, 2018.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 19
Morning: SWF, JWE, SME, CWS, Jr Team WE, CMF, U23 MF, WC-1
Afternoon: U23 WS, SMS, Jr Team ME, VME, VWE, U15 WF, U15 MS
WheelChair-1: MS Cat A, MS Cat B, WS Cat A, WS Cat B, Open Sabre
SATURDAY, JANUARY 20
Morning: SWE, JWF, JWS, SMF, CME, CMS, WC-2
Afternoon: Jr Team WS, U23 ME, Jr Team WF, U23 MS, VMF, VWF, U15 WE, U15MF
Wheelchair-2: ME Cat A, ME Cat B, WE Cat A, WE Cat B, Open Epee
SUNDAY, JANUARY 21
Morning: JME, JMF, JMS, U23 WE, CWF
Afternoon: Vet MS, VWS, CWE, U23 WF, SWS, Jr Team MS, U15 WS, U15 ME
- Registration will close three weeks prior to event (December 29, 2017)
- Entry list, ranking and start times to be published two weeks prior to event. (January 5, 2018)
- Appeals of registration and rankings open until one week prior to event (January 12, 2018). No changes after that time.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ENTRY OF A COMPETITOR IN MORE THAN ONE EVENT
Athletes may not take part in two (2) or more events in the same day unless their participation in the initial event has concluded prior to close registration/confirmation of any subsequent event. Athletes entering multiple events on the same day do so at their own risk; no refunds shall be provided.
Cancellation of entry due to a medical condition: Full refund of EVENT fees, provided the CFF organizers are notified at least 48 hours prior to the event and a doctor's certificate is submitted.
CFF MEMBERS MUST HOLD A NATIONAL CFF LICENCE NUMBER, VALIDATED BY THEIR PROVINCIAL ASSOCIATION.
The event format can be found here: Canada Cup/Nationals Tournament Format
Junior Team Event:
- The fee to participate in the junior team event is $20 per person
- The event will take place after the completion of the individual event according to the schedule
- Team size will be 3-4 people depending on registration numbers
- Teams can be formed by submitting a team roster at the event in advance of the team competition, or by simply registering individually, with teams populated using the Junior Individual rankings.
- Team seeding will be based on the combined individual results from the Junior Canada Cup
- Format will be determined based on number of entries
- Medals will be awarded to the top 3 teams with additional prizing awarded to the top team.
- Participation is strongly encouraged as the team event is a priority within the CFF High Performance Program and may be made mandatory in the future for HP Program athletes.
CLOTHING STANDARDS FOR CFF HOSTED COMPETITIONS
The event clothing standards can be found here: CFF Domestic Competition Equipment Standards
DATE: January 28, 2018
Queen of All Saints Elementary School Gymnasium
1405 Como Lave Avenue
Coquitlam, BC, V3J 3P4
- U15ME, U15MF, U15MS, U15WE, U15WF, U15WS
- CME, CMF, CMS, CWE, CWF, CWS
- JME, JMF, JMS, JWE, JWF, JWS
Preregistration closes on January 21, 2018.
Tri-City Fencing Academy is hosting five all weapon Youth/Cadet/Junior Circuit Tournaments this season.
Y8 Mens Foil - 9:30am
Y8 Womens Foil - 9:30am
Y10 Mens Epee - 12:30pm
Y10 Womens Epee - 12:30pm
Y10 Mens Foil - 12:30pm
Y10 Womens Foil - 12:30pm
Y10 Mens Sabre - 12:30pm
Y10 Womens Sabre - 12:30pm
Y12 Mens Epee - 3:30pm
Y12 Womens Epee - 3:30pm
Y12 Mens Foil - 3:30pm
Y12 Womens Foil - 3:30pm
Y12 Mens Sabre - 3:30pm
Y12 Womens Sabre - 3:30pm
Y14 Mens Epee - 9:30am
Y14 Womens Epee - 9:30am
Y14 Mens Foil - 9:30am
Y14 Womens Foil - 9:30am
Y14 Mens Sabre - 9:30am
Y14 Womens Sabre - 9:30am
Cadet Mens Epee - 12:30pm
Cadet Womens Epee - 12:30pm
Cadet Mens Foil - 12:30pm
Cadet Womens Foil - 12:30pm
Cadet Mens Sabre - 12:30pm
Cadet Womens Sabre - 12:30pm
Junior Mens Epee - 3:30pm
Junior Womens Epee - 3:30pm
Junior Mens Foil - 3:30pm
Junior Womens Foil - 3:30pm
Junior Mens Sabre - 3:30pm
Junior Womens Sabre - 3:30pm
Y8 = birth year 2009 or later
Y10 = birth year 2007 or later
Y12 = birth year 2005 or later
Y14 = birth year 2003 or later
Cadet = birth year 2001 or later
Junior = birth year 1998 or later
All times are close of registration, fencing to commence immediately afterward.
Fencers may compete in only one event per session.
Y8 and Y10 event DE's will be a 10 point bout, of two 3 minute periods, with a stoppage at 5 hits (whichever comes first).
Y12, Y14, Cadet and Junior event DE's will be a 15 point bout of three 3 minute periods.
Y8 events will use #0 weapons (TFA has these available).
Y10 events will use #2 weapons.
Y12, Y14, Cadet and Junior events will use #5 weapons.
Y14, Cadet and Junior events will be sanctioned and require foil masks with bibs, head-wires and legal weapons.
Y8, Y10 and Y12 events require a minimum of 4 fencers.
Y14, Cadet and Junior events require a minimum of 6 fencers for sanctioning.
Events may be combined to fence mixed (boys and girls together) if there are not a minimum number of fencers of each gender.
These tournaments are part of TFA's training programs.
Registered members of TFA's training programs pay a $20 entry fee per event.
Fencers from other clubs pay a $25 entry fee per event at registration.
Some of the items mentioned below may seem obvious, but since we are dealing with kids at a public venue, safety is utmost.
All fencers will be required to:
* wear a fencing jacket, fencing pants with long socks, plastron, mask and a glove in good condition.
* wear sweats or track pants if they don't have knickers, but NO JEANS OR SHORTS allowed.
* wear decent, well fitting NON-MARKING runners.
* wear proper-sized, tucked-in t-shirts to insure that there isn't any skin showing between jacket edges and pants.
* use well-maintained weapons in good operating condition.
All participating fencers will be required to have their CFF license (or foreign equivalent) for liability reasons.
Licenses can be purchased at: http://fencing.ca/purchase-a-cff-licence/
If kids have their own basic gear or can borrow some from their club, that's great.
We will have some basic equipment available to borrow: masks, jackets, chest protectors, plastrons and gloves.
If kids do not have their own equipment we can lend gear for their use during the day, but there is no guarantee that they won't have to share sweaty stuff between them.
Electrical gear is always an issue, so anything that can be brought from other clubs will be great.
We will have some electrical gear available to borrow: foils, head-wires, body-wires and lames.
Contact Brad Kelly at 604-506-1356 or firstname.lastname@example.org