The objective of this criteria by the Canadian Fencing Federation is to ensure a fair and balanced selection of athletes so they may consistently reach medal performances at major international veteran events. These events include are limited to Veteran Commonwealth Fencing Championships, Veteran Pan American Championships and Veteran World Championships.
The means of meeting this objective is by the following:
- Engaging the Canadian Sport for Life LTAD and Canadian Fencing Federation guidelines for masters and veteran athletes.
- Creation of a veteran selection ranking.
- Participation criteria based on domestically ranked competitions and performances at Canada Cup and National Championships.
Veteran Performance Plan
Eligibility for selection:
- Hold a validated license with the Canadian Fencing Federation during the period of selection;
- Hold a current FIE license affiliated with Canada;
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status with Canada
- Have satisfied all published criteria for the event in question
- Agree to Canadian Fencing Federation Code of Conduct
Veteran Selection Rankings
Structure divided by age classification (50+, 60+, 70+) the following will be collected:
- Top results from Canada Cup/National Championships (Best 1 of 2)
- Canada Cup 2 – Gatineau, QC November 27-29, 2015
- Canadian National Championships – Longueuil, QC – May 21-23, 2015
- Can/Am Veterans Cup – Toronto – May 28-29, 2016 (1 only)
- Regional Canadian Championships (1 only)
- Eastern Canadian Championships
- Western Canadian Championships
- Domestic veteran rank based on the end of season CFF ranking (July 30th Domestic Rankings).
Following points of the grids will be used to award selection points in national competitions and international selection.
National Circuit Grid for assigning points for selection
Can/Am Veterans Cup
Eastern Canadian Championships/Western Canadian Championships
North America Cup (2)
Can/Am Veterans Cup
Criteria of Selection
The selection for the event will be made by following the priorities listed:
- The places will be allocated on the basis of CFF Veteran Selection rankings
In the event ex æquo points tie
If two (2) or more athletes have the same point total, the tie will be broken as follows:
- Priority to the best result in the equivalent age division at the Can/AM Veterans Cup;
- Next priority assigned to on the best national circuit result (Canada Cup/National Championships) in the equivalent age division;
- Highest rank in the equivalent age division in the July 30th CFF Domestic Rankings.