CFF Committees – Request for Volunteers
The CFF’s committee chairs and board of directors are updating all committee terms of reference as well as defining each committee’s goals for the coming year. Many committees such as the Parafencing, Coaching Development, Competitions, and Officials committees are in need of additional volunteers in order to achieve their goals. If you can spare some time to give back to the fencing community, please consider applying to become a committee member. Information for all of the committees can be found at http://fencing.ca/cff-program-committees-2015-16/
The CFF is also striving to achieve gender equity on all of our committees so we would like to encourage all interested women to apply. For more information or to apply for a committee position, please email Executive Director David Howes at email@example.com
One new committee that has been established is the Sports Medicine Committee, led by Nader Abdelkader. This committee is specifically looking for looking volunteers with the following background and qualities:
- Medical or sports medicine background (preferred but not absolutely required)
- Professional, team player, problem solver and motivated.
- Interested in scientific research is a plus.
Key goals and duties for the Sports Medicine Committee would include
- Providing sports medicine coverage for domestic CFF events including Canada Cups, Nationals, World Cups, etc.
- Helping create protocols & documents, including national injury registry as it relates to sports injuries and medicine (e.g. COVID protocols, concussion registry, etc.).
- Helping create blogs regarding injuries, and awareness, to improve fencing’s sports medicine culture.
- Assist in implementing and disseminating latest evidence-based sports sciences knowledge and guidelines.
- Uphold high professional standard in relaying medical and health advice as it relates to fencing Canada.
- Assist in meeting above mandate.
All interested in the Sports Medicine Committee please submit a one page resume/CV including why you are interested and how you would contribute to the development of the aforementioned goals and duties.