2022 National Championships – U13, U15, Cadet, Junior, Senior, Veterans (40+)
Organized by the Canadian Fencing Federation, in partnership with the University of Toronto Fencing Club.
Friday May 20 – Monday May 23, 2022
University of Toronto Athletic Centre
55 Harbord Street
Toronto, ON, M5S 2W6
Chelsea Hotel Toronto
33 Gerrard St W,
Cut-off date has been extended to May 6, 2022
By phone (must identify yourself as part of 2022 Canadian National Fencing Championships)
toll free 1-800-CHELSEA (243-5732) or 416-595-1975
$50 administration fee +
$70 U13 (born 2009 to 2012)
$70 U15 (born 2007 to 2010)
$70 Cadet (born 2005 to 2009)
$70 Junior (born 2002 to 2009)
$70 Senior (born 2008 and earlier)
$70 Veterans (born 1982 and earlier)
You must use the same email that you used to purchase your provincial membership and CFF license
Registration closes Sunday May 1, 2022, 11:59 PM EST.
LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
SCHEDULE (Close of Registration)
|FRIDAY – VENDREDI||SATURDAY – SAMEDI||SUNDAY – DIMANCHE||MONDAY – LUNDI|
All coaches must pre-register by 13 May 2022 in order to have access to the competition area on the days they are coaching. All coaches must have completed a CFF-approved Safe Sport training module and provide a valid background check.
PROCEDURE FOR THE ENTRY OF A COMPETITOR IN MORE THAN ONE EVENT
Athletes may not take part in two (2) or more events in the same day unless their participation in the initial event has concluded prior to close registration/confirmation of any subsequent event. Athletes entering multiple events on the same day do so at their own risk; no refunds shall be provided.
Cancellation of entry due to a medical condition: Full refund of EVENT fees, provided the CFF organizers are notified at least 48 hours prior to the event and a doctor’s certificate is submitted.
NOTE: After consultation with key stakeholders, and with regards to this event being the first national U13 in a long time, exemptions will be granted this year to U13 athletes who wish to use blades of other sizes than 0-3 at nationals. The competition committee will be reviewing the domestic competition equipment standards for the future.
Equipment check will available at the competition venue Thursday May 19 from 7:00pm to 9:30pm for those with events on Friday.
By registering for this CFF event, I consent to the following conditions:
- I consent to the assigned event medical staff attending, diagnosing and treating an injury that occurs on the piste during competition. I agree that this information will be recorded and tracked for my events. I agree that if the assigned medical staff determine that I cannot continue to compete, I will be withdrawn from the event
- I verify that I meet the age (upper and lower year of birth) and other event criteria for all the events I have entered. I acknowledge that I will be withdrawn from events that I am ineligible to compete in.
- Only athletes, officials, pre-registered coaches, and designated volunteers will be allowed to access the competitions area.
- All coaches must be registered coaches with the CFF, have completed safe sport training, and provide a valid background check.
- Food is not permitted inside the venue. There are a number of restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
- If you have COVID symptoms DO NOT come to the venue. Your entry fee will be reimbursed.
- Masks must be worn at all times, covering the mouth and nose, except by athletes when they are on piste.
- It is highly recommended that all participants complete a rapid test prior to coming to the competition.
- All participants must leave the venue immediately once finished their event.
- Physical distancing is to be maintained whenever possible.
- There will be limited access for spectators.