2013 Summer Universiade SELECTION CRITERIA
The 2013 Summer Universiade represents an integral part of Fencing Canada’s international competition developmental program. This competitive event is targeted towards athletes in the latter part of the Train to Compete (T2C) LTAD stage.
Athletes competing in this event are meant to develop major games experience eventually leading to World Championships and Olympic Games.
2. Location and Date
- Kazan, Russia
- July 6-17, 2013
- Must hold a 2012-2013 validated licence with the Canadian Fencing Federation
- Must hold a Canadian Citizenship prior to the final selection date
- Must submit a Training plan for the period leading up to July 6th-17, 2013
- Must otherwise be eligible to participate in the 2013 Summer Universiade *
- Must satisfy CIS / FISU eligibility requirements
- Must be willing to adhere to CIS Code of Conduct