2015 SUMMER UNIVERSIADE GAMES CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – TEAM MANAGER/COACH
The Canadian Fencing Federation is seeking applicants for the position of Team Manager/Coach, Canadian Fencing Team at the 2015 Summer Universiade Games scheduled to take place July 3rd to 14th, 2015 in Gwangju, Korea.
The 2015 Summer Universiade represents an integral part of the Canadian Fencing Federation’s international competition developmental program. This competitive event is targeted towards athletes in the latter part of the Train to Compete (T2C) LTAD stage. The competition consists of Individual and team events in each gender for foil, epee and sabre. Athletes competing in this event are meant to develop major games experience eventually leading to World Championships and Olympic Games.
The Team Manager is responsible for coordinating and managing the Canadian Fencing Team at the Games.
CFF Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working with athletes in the T2T-T2C LTAD stage
- International games experience in a coach or Manager’s role
- Strong organization and communications skills
- Multidisciplinary coach (all three weapons) considered an asset
- Able to communicate in both official languages
- Team Canada first, supportive of CFF Mission, Vision and Values attitude.
Funding and Costs:
The CFF will cover airfare and any accommodation costs not covered by the Organizer. All meals are provided on-site.
All interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter (outlining the qualifications above) by email to email@example.com by May 14, 2015.