Athletes EN GARDE for Canada’s 150 Play List!
Everyone Welcome to The Fencing Medley on the Mall
OTTAWA — Fencing athletes will be on the Sparks Street Mall (Ottawa) giving Canadians
the opportunity to get active and try the dynamic sport of fencing during the first ever
Fencing Medley on the Mall. Athletes will also put on mini demonstrations on how fencing challenges
both body and mind through a blend of patience and determination – all in the spirit of fun
as they encourage people to try their sport, which is part of Canada’s 150 Play List.
When & Where:
Sparks Street Mall, Ottawa
(between O’Connor and Bank streets)
Thursday, April 20, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
All athletes available for PHOTO OPS and interviews
- 2016 Paralympian Matthieu Hébert (Montreal)
- 2016 Olympian Maxime Brinck-Croteau (Gatineau)*
- 2016 Olympian Leonora Mackinnon (Newbury, England)*
- 2016 & 2012 Olympian Melanie McCann (Mount Carmel, ON)
- National Team Wheelchair Fencer Camille Chai (Montreal)
- 2016 Olympic Coach David Howes (Kingston, ON)*
- other VIP guests to be announced. amateur sports association that is the national governing body of fencing. CFF includes ten provincial fencing associations, which in turn represent two hundred local clubs from coast to coast. Its mandate is to establish, develop and support fencing in Canada and to represent Canada on the international scene. For photos from the event, please visit the CFF Facebook page or www.fencing.ca
Andrea Guzzo firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 613.252.7203
Aline Lafrenière,email@example.com, Mobile: 613.791.4032
Social media: #MedleyOnTheMall #150PlayList @niketeamcanada @FencingCanada
The Fencing Medley On The Mall is presented by the Canadian Fencing Federation (CFF), a non-profit,
*Athletes who will also be competing at the Canadian Fencing Championships, April 21-23 in Gatineau, Qc