Call for Junior/Cadet National Program Coaches
The Canadian Fencing Federation (CFF) is seeking applications for Junior/Cadet National Program Coaches for the following programs: men’s foil, women’s foil, women’s sabre, men’s epee and women’s epee.
The Junior/Cadet National Program Coach will be the recognized leader of their national team program and will work under the guidance of the CFF High Performance Advisory Committee and in cooperation with the Senior National Team Program Coaches. Each Coach will play a part in the coaching team that will be created for each Weapon.
The Junior/Cadet National Program Coach will be responsible for:
- Coaching at Junior/Cadet National Team Projects (approximately 4 per season);
- Communicating with personal coaches through the creation of a “Coaching Team” to work towards the common goal of implementing the weapon’s program and sustaining it;
- Organizing and participating in a training camp as budgets allow;
- Assist in the development of the Team Booklet for Cadet/Junior, including the annual competition schedule;
- Establishing benchmarks for his or her weapon and gender. These benchmarks must be realistic and achievable;
- Follow the CFF’s LTAD for Train to Compete and Train to Win, incorporating this into the training plans for their respective program;
The Coach will have strengths in planning, meeting benchmarks, LTAD implementation at Train to Compete & Train to Win, communications, and Teamwork. Selection priority will be given to Coaches who meet the criteria and desired characteristics, and who have High Performance athletes who compete in the applicable program. The Coach will have a proven ability to work cooperatively with coaches and athletes, and will be able to communicate clearly (orally and in writing) in one of Canada’s official languages.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Proof of NCCP Level 3 in the weapon for which the application is being made. Preference will be given to Level 4 candidates.
- A written explanation of your coaching philosophy and how you will use this to achieve the benchmarks you set for your weapon.
- A coaching résumé and the names of two coaches who have agreed to provide references upon request.
Please apply no later than October 5th, 2014. The CFF will provide a base honorarium for the position, along with a daily honorarium for NTP events.
Note: All submitted application materials will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with anyone other than the Hiring Committee without the applicant’s written permission.